Indefinitely, unless you deactivate your application.



If you want to work in a particular school, we encourage you to contact the school directly and express your interest. Make sure your resume is up to date and ready to send with referee details.


As long as you have an appropriate working visa to be employed in Australia.

Yes, as long as you meet the criteria you are welcome to apply.

This criteria will include:

  • having a teaching qualification that is recognised in Australia,
  • a Working with Children clearance (Ochre Card),
  • Northern Territory Teach Registration, and
  • either Australian Citizenship or a valid working Visa to be employed in Australia.

Generally, relocation assistance is available to permanent employees and fixed-term (temporary) employees who are appointed for more than six months.

If you are appointed for a shorter time, the department may help with some expenses, including a fare and luggage allowance.

The department does not cover expenses to do with transfers we didn’t initiate or unauthorised arrangements.

You can only be made eligible in the Teacher Recruitment Pool where you meet the eligibility criteria which includes holding a teaching qualification.