Professional Experience Placements

Northern Territory government schools provide undergraduates and postgraduates with an opportunity to gain quality teaching experience.
Professional Experience Placements provide pre-service teachers with an opportunity to contextualise and incorporate knowledge from their studies into the school setting. Placements can lead to fulfilling and exciting teaching careers in the Northern Territory.

How to apply for a professional experience placement

Apply via your university Placement Officer for a Professional Experience Placement in the Northern Territory.
If they can’t help with placements interstate, contact our recruitment team for advice.

Read some Frequently Asked Questions here

Working with Children Clearance (Ochre Card)

Everyone who works in an NT school must hold a current working with children clearance (Ochre card) or have an exemption.

Apply for your Ochre card through NT Police’s NT.


Finished your placements

When you’ve completed your professional experience placement, the department might contact you to ask you for some feedback about your placement experience.

More information