Where can I teach
Our NT teachers work in 153 government schools across the Territory’s 1.35 million square kilometres, split into six regions:
- Darwin: 28 schools
- Palmerston and rural: 33 schools
- Katherine: 27 schools
- Arnhem: 16 schools
- Barkly: 17 schools
- Alice Springs: 32 schools.
The NT’s diverse educational settings means you can choose to teach in an inner-city school in Darwin or Alice Springs, a regional school with a country feel or a remote school in one of the Territory’s unique communities.
Almost half of all NT schools are in remote or very remote areas. These schools mostly have Aboriginal students, many who speak a language other than English. Teachers in these schools get to experience the richness of Aboriginal culture.
The NT’s learning years
- preschool (four years old)
- early childhood (transition to year 3)
- primary school (year 4 to 6)
- middle school (year 7 to 9)
- senior schools (year 10 to 12).